Information for Parents and Carers.
Based on the most recent update from Public Health England, NHS and Government yesterday (12.03.2020) we have some information we want to share to keep you informed.
- The advice is schools will not be closing unless there is a confirmed and positive case of Covid-19, or that the Government advice changes.
- We have made preparations to ensure safety for Students and Staff as a priority and are reinforcing the importance of good hygiene across all our sites.
- We have developed an Action Plan to keep everyone informed with regular updates and if the schools do have to close how we support students and families remotely.
- Everyone should continue with advice around hand hygiene, washing hands for 20 seconds. Catch it, Bin it strategy continues to apply.
- If you or your child has a fever (which is a temperature over normal 37.8) and a new dry cough, despite mild, to stay at home for 7 days.
- It is advised to avoid any mass gatherings if possible.
- If you have been in close contact ( over 1 metre) with a person that has tested positive for Covid-19 and are showing any symptoms as above please stay at home for 7 days.
The Directors and Leadership team at Life Chance and School for Inspiring Talents are continually monitoring the situation and looking at advice and guidance to ensure safety and health comes first for students and staff. We are committed to provide the best Education and Therapeutic services across our Schools every day.
If you need to find out more visit https://www.gov.uk/government/topical-events/coronavirus-covid-19-uk-government-response
If you are concerned about having any symptoms the advice is to call NHS 111. Do not go to hospital or your doctors.
If you have any concerns or questions you can call us on 01626 244 086, and advice will be provided.